Memorial Day is an important day in America. It’s a day to give thanks, to pay tribute and to remember those who gave their lives to protect our country. In reality, we should be thankful every single day of the year, but the third Monday of May is the official day where we all come together to honor our fallen soldiers.
Memorial Day Weekend Quotes
Memorial Day Quote : A poignant point by one of history’s most important thinkers, the one and only Plato. We all yearn for the day when the living sees the end of war as well.
Memorial Day Quotes : This is a quote that may not ring true for all, but for dedicated and loyal soldiers, it is sentiment that can be heartfelt and humbling.
US Memorial Day Quotations : Joseph Campbell said it beautifully: the term “hero” is thrown around more often than it actually should be, but you will know a real hero when you see one. They are people who do something for the greater good in an unselfish act.
America Memorial Day Quote : Poet Thomas Campbell (1777-1844) paid tribute to the soldiers who fought with his reminder that we would not have the freedoms we hold so dearly today without the blood, sweat, and tears of our country’s patriots.
United States of America Memorial day Quotes :Heroes shouldn’t just be remembered; they should be used as an example to inspire us all.
Happy Memorial Day Quotation : There is a big difference between being a patriot and supporting the government. You may be a diehard lover of your country but you may not always agree with how the country is being run, which Twain eloquently points out.
Best Memorial Day Quotes : This very famous quote from JFK is a clear message to Americans to give back and not be selfish — the country needs us all.
USA Army Memorial Day quotes : Congressman Doc Hastings gave a great reminder that it isn’t just a day off of work but that the spirit of the day is to pay tribute to those who died for our country.
Famous Memorial Day 2016 Quote : The American Henry Wadsworth Longfellow has a way with words and reminds us that while our soldiers may have suffered and paid the ultimate price, it is our duty to remember them.
Happy Memorial day Quote : Singer Eric Burdon of The Animals spoke of those who have made a lasting tribute, not just in the physical defense of our country but also in preaching peace and kindness.
Memorial day Quotation : Politician Robin Hayes brought up the point that we are reminded daily of what our soldiers do for our country, and thus they should be remembered and thanked every day.
USA Army Memorial day Sayings : Country singer Lee Greenwood recorded the popular hit “God Bless the U.S.A.” back in 1984, giving Americans a song to sing together to honor our fallen heroes.
Great Memorial Day Quotes : Patton, one of the most famous military generals in history, spoke of giving thanks and celebrating their lives rather than just mourning the soldiers lost.
Memorial Day quotes : Congressman Randy Neugebauer reminds us all never to forget our heroes both on Memorial Day, but every day for that matter.
1. “I don’t have to tell you how fragile this precious gift of freedom is. Every time we hear, watch, or read the news, we are reminded that liberty is a rare commodity in this world.” – President Ronald Reagan
2. “A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” – General Norman Schwarzkopf Jr.
4. “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.” – President Bill Clinton
5. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
6. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton
7. “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” – President Thomas Jefferson
8. “Decoration Day is the most beautiful of our national holidays … The grim cannon have turned into palm branches, and the shell and shrapnel into peach blossoms.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
9. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
10. “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.” – President Barack Obama
11. “On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons
12. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
13. “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” – President John F. Kennedy
14. “Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” – President George Washington
15. “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.” – Joseph Rodman Drake
16. “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.” – Francis A. Walker
17. “Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion.” – President Calvin Coolidge
18. “Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
19. “They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation.” – Henry Ward Beecher
20. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” – Minot J. Savage
21. “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” – President Harry S. Truman
22. “For love of country, they accepted death.” – President James A. Garfield